Written recipe for Veg peri peri sandwich
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
For peri peri mix
• Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
• Garlic powder 1 tsp
• Black salt 1 tsp
• Powdered sugar 1 tsp
• Cinnamon powder ½ tsp
• Dried Oregano 1 tsp
• Ginger powder 1 tsp
• Mix all the spices, it can be stored in jar keeping it in a cool, dry and hygienic place.
To make peri peri mayonnaise and coleslaw
• Mayonnaise / hung curd 1 cup
• Peri peri mix 3 tbsp
• Cabbage ½ cup (grated)
• Carrot ½ cup (grated)
• In a bowl add the mayonnaise and peri peri mix, mix well to make peri peri mayonnaise, divide the mayonnaise in two equal portions, keeping one half for next step of mixing and other half to spread over bread slices while making sandwich.
• Add cabbage and carrot and mix it with the first half of the peri peri mayonnaise to prepare peri peri coleslaw.
To make sandwich
• Sandwich bread as required
• Butter as required
• Peri peri coleslaw as required
• Potatoes as required (boiled & grated)
• Peri peri mix as required
• Onions as required (sliced)
• Tomatoes as required (sliced)
• Capsicum as required (sliced)
• Peri peri mayonnaise (reserved) as required
• Processed cheese as required
• Take one bread slice and spread butter evenly, spread a spoonful of freshly prepared peri peri coleslaw, add the grated boiled potatoes on top of the coleslaw, sprinkle some peri peri masala, top it with some onions, tomatoes, capsicum and sprinkle some more peri peri spice mix.
• On another bread slice, spread butter evenly and spread some peri peri mayonnaise evenly, close it by placing the butter and mayonnaise side facing in or down. Press it gently with hands.
• Your veg peri peri sandwich is ready to be served, cut into as many pieces as you wish 2,4,6 or 9 and grate some cheese over it for extra taste, you can skip it if you don’t have, you can also prefer to add it as a filling and toast it both the sides until crisp and golden brown.
Join us Here
Follow Chef Sanjyot Keer Here