Deep fried vegetable dumplings tossed in spicy manchurian sauce.
1 small cabbage, shredded
1 medium carrot, cut into juliennes
Salt to taste
¼ cup cornflour + for coating
½ tbsp refined flour (maida)
2 tbsps oil + for deep-frying
2 spring onion with greens
4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 inch ginger, finely chopped
¼ cup finely chopped celery
1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
1¼ cups vegetable stock
2 tsps soy sauce
1 tsp chilli sauce
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
1 tsp vinegar
1. Place a muslin cloth in a bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and salt and set aside for 5 minutes to get rid of excess moisture. Squeeze out excess water and transfer to another bowl. Reserve the water.
2. Add ½ tbsp cornflour and refined flour to the vegetables and mix well.
3. Divide the mixture into equal portions, shape into balls and coat with cornflour.
4. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Deep-fry the balls till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
5. To make the sauce, heat 2 tbsps oil in a non-stick pan.
6. Roughly chop spring onion bulbs and reserve the greens.
7. Add the bulbs, garlic, ginger, celery and green chillies to the pan. Add 1 cup vegetable stock, reserved water, soy sauce, chilli sauce, salt and crushed peppercorns and bring to a boil.
8. Mix together remaining cornflour and remaining vegetable stock in a bowl to make slurry, add to the sauce, mix well and cook for a minute.
9. Remove from heat, add fried balls, vinegar, mix well and set aside for 5 minutes.
10. Garnish with diagonally sliced spring onion greens and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :