Written recipe for Veg fried rice
Prep time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 20 mins
For boiling rice
• Rice 500 gm
• Water to soak
• Water for cooking rice (3X of rice)
• Salt to taste
• Oil 1 tbsp
• Wash the rice to remove excess starch and soak it in fresh water for at least 15 minutes.
• Set water to boil in a pot, add salt to taste, oil and the soaked rice, stir and cook until rice is cooked 80-90 percent. This will take about 8-10 minutes.
• Transfer the cooked rice in a sieve or a colander so to drain the extra water. Keep aside to make fried rice.
For making fried rice:
• Oil 3 tbsp
• Spring onion bulbs 1/4th cup (chopped)
• Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
• Spring onion greens 1/4th cup (chopped)
• Green chilli paste 1 tbsp
1. Carrots 1/3rd cup (chopped)
2. Cabbage 1 cup (chopped)
3. Capsicum 1/3rd cup (chopped)
4. French beans 1/4th cup (chopped)
• Sugar 1 tsp
• Paneer 150 gm (small dices)
• Soy sauce 1 tbsp
• Red chilli sauce 1 tbsp
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Vinegar 1 tsp
• Spring onion greens for garnish (chopped)
• Set a pan on high heat, add oil, spring onion bulbs and ginger garlic paste, sauté for a minute.
• Add spring onion greens, green chillies, veggies and sugar, mix well and sauté for a 2-3 minutes on high flame.
• Add paneer and mix gently, sauté it for a minute.
• Add soy sauce, red chilli sauce and salt & pepper to taste, mix and cook high heat for a minute.
• Add the cooked rice, mix gently and cook for another 2 minutes.
• Add vinegar and some freshly chopped Spring onion greens, mix and toss well, your restaurant style veg fried rice is ready to be served, serve hot with schezwan sauce on side.
Join us on:
Follow Chef Sanjyot Keer Here: