Written recipe for Vadapav quesadilla
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
For potato mixture
• Oil 1 tbsp
• Mustard seeds 1 tsp
• Jeera 1 tsp
• Curry leaves 8-10 nos.
• Hing (asafoetida) 1 tsp
• Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
• Green chilli pastes 1 tbsp
• Turmeric powder 1 tsp
• Potatoes 6 nos. (boiled & mashed)
• Salt to taste
• Fresh coriander (chopped) 1 tbsp
• Lemon juice 1 tsp
• Set a wok on medium heat, add oil, add jeera, mustard seeds and curry leaves, sauté them for few seconds.
• Add hing, ginger garlic paste and green chilli paste and sauté them for few seconds until the rawness go ginger and garlic goes away.
• Add turmeric powder, boiled and mashed potatoes and salt to taste, mix and combine well and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add freshly chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice, set aside for later use.
For sukha vada pav chutney
• Coconut (grated) 1 cup
• Kashmiri red chillies 10-12nos.
• Peanuts 2 tbsp
• Garlic cloves 8-10 nos. (with skin)
• Set a pan on medium heat and dry all the ingredients separately for 3-4 mins keeping the flame on medium heat, cool down to room temperature and transfer them in a grinding jar.
• Heat oil in the same pan on medium heat, add garlic cloves and dry roast until brown. Transfer this too in the grinding jar.
• Grind all of them together to a fine powder, add salt and grind once again for few seconds, your sukha vada pav chutney is ready.
For making quesadilla
• Wheat Dough balls (2 dough balls for making one quesadilla)
• Freshly prepared Potato mixture
• Freshly prepared sukha vada pav chutney
• Green chutney
• Onions (chopped)
• Flatten the dough balls and roll into thin chapati, make two chapati for making one quesadilla, half cook the chapatis.
• Spread a layer of mint chutney on both the chapatis, sprinkle some sukha vada pav chutney on one chapati, spread a spoonful of potato mixture top it with some chopped onions, sprinkle once again sukha vada pav chutney, and place the other chapati on top facing the chutney side in.
• Set a grill on medium heat, add oil and grill the quesadilla on both the sides until grill marks appear. Your vada pav quesadillas are ready.
• Cut into quarters or 6 slices or 8 depending on personal choice, serve hot with mint chutney or any dip of your choice.
Join us on:
Follow Chef Sanjyot Keer Here: