1. Wash and peel the skin off the potatoes.
2. Cut the potatoes into slices with at least 1 cm thickness and drop them in salt water f=to remove the excess starch.
3. Strain off the water and pat the potato slices dry with a cloth or paper towel.
4. Pour enough oil for deep frying in a wide kadai.
5. Gently drop in the potato pieces and fry them until they are 80-90% cooked. (you can pierce a knife into the slice and check it the potato is cooked or not)
6. Remove them from the kadai and place them all separately.
7. Now gently mash them with a glass or any other vessel as shown in the video/
8. Fry them all once again until they are crispy and nice on the outside and then remove them from the kadai.
9. For the spice mix, take salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder, amchur powder in a small bowl and mix well.
10. Now transfer the prepared spice mix into the fried potato slices and toss them gently until the masala coats the potatoes nice and well.
11. Crispy and tasty Aloo Tuk is ready to be served with hot chai or coffee by the side.
Aloo Tuk is a famous Sindhi snack recipe. This is similar to aloo fry but the preparation is too different when compared to the simple and regular aloo fry most of us make in our homes. The spice powder to season the potatoes is also slightly different from the regular style we follow. There are a couple of steps involved in this recipe to get the perfect Aloo Tuk for which you have to watch the video till the end. This is a NO-GARLIC and a NO-ONION recipe which makes it perfect for the months of fastings or vrats. So next time you have some fresh potatoes at home, try this, I am sure you will all love it, and then let me know how it turned out for you guys, in the comments section below.
Green Gram – 1 Cup
Raw Rice – 50 Gm (Soaked For 1 Hour)
Green Chilli – 4 Nos Chopped
Rock Salt -1 Tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 Tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 Tsp
1. Soak the green gram for 12 hours in water.
2. Transfer the soaked green gram into a muslin cloth, close the cloth, drain the excess water and let the soaked green gram rest for 12 hours for sprouting.
3. Keep the sprouted green gram aside.
4. Soak the raw rice/parboiled rice in water for 1 hour.
5. Now take the soaked rice with water, chopped green chilies, chopped ginger, rock salt, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, asafoetida powder, sprouted green gram in a mixer jar and pulse a few times without adding the water.
6. Transfer the ground mixture into a large bowl and add salt along with some water.
7. Mix it well and make sure it is in the dropping consistency.
8. Heat a tawa and drop a ladle of batter, spread it evenly.
9. Apply some ghee on the sides.
10. Roast the green gram dosa perfectly on one side and flip it to the other and roast again.
11. Healthy and tasty green gram dosa is ready to be served with any chutney of your choice.
Today we are going to see making of sprouted green gram dosa recipe. green gram dosa is a nutritious breakfast gives you the energy to take on the day-to-day challenges. This moong dal dosa is so yummy and best taste guaranteed with the tips mentioned in this video. This green gram blends well to give your breakfast recipes a smooth texture. The pesarattu dosa goes well with coconut chutney or Peanut chutney. This Dosa is very healthy compared to normal Dosai, hope you try this Healthy sprouted moong dal Dosa at your home and enjoy.
Our Other Recipes:
Banana Dosa :
Mysore masala dosa:
Hema’s 3 dosa reicpes:
Scrambled eggs can be hard to get right so Jamie’s done a little video to give you a helping hand. There’s three variations on this simple dish – English, French and American. All different. All tasty. Which one is your favourite?
What’s your best tips for making scrambled eggs Food Tubers? Is there is a method from your own country you’d love to share? Let us know in the comments box below.
Thanks to our fine friends at www.clarencecourt.co.uk for the fabulous eggs in this video.
Did you find the hidden Easter egg link in this video? Turn on your annotations and take a closer look…
Links from the video:
Jamie Oliver – How to Make Perfect Porridge |
French Cooking Guy – 15 Amazing Facts about Eggs |
Music | Brightlight City | Charm Offensive, Escape
For more nutrition info, click here:
Jamie Oliver’s Food Tube |
Subscribe to Food Tube |
More great recipes |
I have never eaten such delicious zucchini! Make this recipe and the family will be happy
▶ Subscribe & likes will be a great support to create good contents ^^
Please Subscribe, share.
I have never eaten such delicious zucchini!
Chop 2 zucchini into 1/2 inch thick cubes or quarter moons.
If zucchini is medium size, half moons are perfect.
And baby zucchini could be sliced into rounds.
Salt 1½ tsp
Paprika 1 tsp
All purpose flour 1 tbsp
Preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet with tall sides
on high heat and then swirl oil. Add zucchini
Cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring maximum 2 times.
After zucchini is cooked, sprinkle with herbs and freshly grated garlic.
Soy sauce 1 tbsp
About Simple Food:
Here you can find many different recipes. Healthy recipes, desserts, dinner, lunch and breakfast recipes. Feel free to ask any question and share with me recipes you tried
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos:
If you have 2 ripe bananas🍌🍌 make this delicious recipe! No kneading, No sugar
2 Ripe bananas
The bananas are about 215g without peel
Mash the bananas
I used the end of a rolling pin to mash the bananas
3g active dry yeast
Mix & wait for 5 minutes
15ml olive oil
200g All purpose or bread flour
1.38g ground cinnamon
Cover and rise until double size
Prepare a baking dish or baking pan
Spread oil or butter in the pan
Sprinkle some flour
Move the dough onto the work surface
Fold the dough using your hands or a scraper
Flatten the dough using a rolling pin
Shape the dough with your hands
Spread the cranberries on the dough
Roll up the dough from the long side
Shape the dough into a ball
Place into the baking pan
Cover and rise for 30-45 minutes
Brush olive oil on top (optional)
Bake for 15 minutes at 356F/180C
Place onto a wire rack to cool
This banana bread is so soft and delicious!
You must try this recipe if you have ripe bananas!
Subscribe, like, comment, and share!
Thank you for watching!
***Cooking gears I used in all my videos***
*** SUBSCRIBE ***
to my YouTube Channels for more videos and click the bell so you will not miss any of my videos:
*** FOLLOW MY PAGE ***
Fafda is a Gujarati crispy street food/snack best had with hot Jalebis. This is made with besan and the authentic preparation style involves hand pressing the dough. To make it easier for everyone, we have shown fafda preparation using a rolling pin in this video. These crisps taste great with fried green chilies and besan chutney by the side.
Here is the link to Amazon HomeCooking Store where I have curated products that I use and are similar to what I use for your reference and purchase:
Ingredients for Fafda
Besan /gram Flour – 1 Cup (Buy:
Salt – 1/4 Tsp (Buy:
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 Tsp (Buy:
Pinch Of Baking Powder ( Optional ) (Buy:
Ajwain – 1/2 Tsp (Buy:
Oil – 4 1/2 Tsp (Buy:
Water – 4 Tbsp
Oil For Deep Fry
1. To a bowl, add besan, salt, turmeric powder, baking powder, crushed ajwain and 2 tsp of oil.
2. Mix everything and add another 2 tsp of oil.
3. Mix it all again and gradually add water to get the dough in right consistency.
4. Knead the dough for 2-3 mins.
5. Rub half a teaspoon of oil over the dough and leave it aside for a few mins.
6. Divide the dough in small portions and keep aside.
7. Add enough oil for deep fry in a pan and heat.
8. Meanwhile, rub some oil into the palms and roll the dough balls into thinly sized bullets.
9. Place the dough bullet on a rolling surface and gently roll it till it is thin.
10. Once the oil is heated, place the fafdas into the hot oil.
11. Keep the flame on medium low and fry fafdas on both sides.
12. Remove them from the pan and add a few whole green chilies to the pan.
13. Fry them until the outer skin colour is changed.
14. Garnish the fafdas with fried green chilies and serve!
You can buy our book and classes on
HAPPY COOKING WITH HOMECOOKING
ENJOY OUR RECIPES
A Ventuno Production :