A comforting soup that is loaded with the flavour of garlic and chicken. Top it with some crispy croutons and sip on!
GARLICKY CHICKEN SOUP
2 tbsps chopped garlic
200 grams boneless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
1 leek stalk
1 medium onion
2 tbsps olive oil + for drizzling
2-3 fresh thyme sprigs
2 small potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
3 cups chicken stock
¼ cup fresh cream
2-3 fresh chives sprigs + for garnish
Croutons for garnish
2-3 garlic cloves, fried and thinly sliced
1. Chop the leek stalk and onion.
2. Heat olive oil in a non-stick deep pan. Add the chopped leeks and onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
4. Pluck the thyme leaves from the sprigs and add into the pan and mix well. Add potatoes and mix well.
5. Add salt, crushed black peppercorns and chicken stock and mix well. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes. Take the pan off the heat.
6. Blend to a smooth mixture using an electric hand blender.
7. Place the pan back on heat and add the chicken pieces. Let the mixture come to a boil and cook for 6-8 minutes or till the chicken is done.
8. Add fresh cream and mix.
9. Snip the chives and add into the soup and mix.
10. Transfer into serving bowls. Garnish with croutons, snip some chives on top and fried garlic slices. Drizzle olive oil and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :