A flavour-packed stir-fry prepared with fresh lotus stems.
LOTUS STEM STIR FRY
350 grams lotus stems, thoroughly washed
1½ tbsps oil
8-10 garlic cloves, sliced
1 inch ginger piece, thinly sliced
3-4 spring onion bulbs, sliced
1 large green capsicum, seeded and cut into ½ inch pieces
Salt to taste
A pinch of white pepper powder
3 tsps dark soy sauce
6-8 bird eye chillies
1½ tsps sugar
1½ tsps blended sesame oil
4-5 tbsps chopped spring onion greens + for garnish
2 tsps vinegar
Toasted sesame seeds to sprinkle
1. Slice the lotus stems thickly.
2. Heat sufficient water in a steamer. Arrange the lotus stem slices and steam for 15-20 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a shallow nonstick pan. Add garlic, ginger and sauté for 30 seconds.
4. Add spring onion bulbs and sauté for a minute.
5. Add green capsicum and toss well. Add steamed lotus stem, salt, white pepper powder, dark soy sauce and toss well.
6. Add bird eye chillies, sugar, blended sesame oil, spring onion greens and vinegar. Toss well.
7. Transfer in a serving bowl. Sprinkle spring onion greens, toasted sesame seeds and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :
#SanjeevKapoor #LotusStemSti Fry