This deep-fried savoury disc from Karnataka is close to Thattai in Tamil Nadu.
2 tbsps roasted peanuts
2 tbsps roasted gram (daliya)
1 cup rice flour
½ cup gram flour (besan)
1 tbsp white sesame seeds
2 tbsps shredded curry leaves
2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp cumin seeds
Salt to taste
3 tbsps ghee + for greasing
Oil for deep frying
1. Take the peanuts and roasted daliya in a mortar and coarsely crush with the help of a pestle.
2. Take rice flour in a parat, add gram flour, crushed peanut-daliya mixture, white sesame seeds, curry leaves, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, cumin seeds, salt, ghee and 1¼ cups water and knead into a soft dough.
3. Grease a small plastic sheet with some ghee, place a small portion of the dough and place it over the greased sheet and shape the dough into a small disc.
4. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Gently slide in the small discs a few at a time and deep fry till golden brown and crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper.
5. Allow to cool. Store in an air tight container and serve as required.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :
#SanjeevKapoor #nipattu #nipatturecipe #diwalispecial #diwalirecipe