A Punjabi-favourite kadhi that is quite flavourful and is prepared with curd and gram flour with the addition of tiny boondis.
BOONDI KI KADHI
¾ cup salted boondi + for garnish
1½ cups yogurt
2 tbsps gram flour (besan)
1 tbsp ginger-green chilli paste
Salt to taste
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp ghee
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
¼ tsp fenugreek seeds (methi)
¼ tsp asafoeitda (hing)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 green chillies, slit
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp garam masala powder
3 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves
2 tbsps oil
½ tsp cumin seeds
2 dried red chillies
½ tsp red chilli powder
6-8 curry leaves
Fresh coriander sprig for garnish
1. Take yogurt in a large bowl. Add gram flour, ginger-green chilli paste, salt and 1 cup water and whisk till well combined. Add turmeric powder and mix well.
2. Add 2 cups water and whisk till well combined.
3. Heat ghee in a deep pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida and onion and sauté till translucent.
4. Add green chillies and mix well. Cook till the onion turns golden.
5. Add the yogurt mixture and mix. Cook on medium heat for 5-6 minutes, while stirring in between every few minutes.
6. Adjust salt and mix. Continue to cook for 4-5 minutes.
7. Add sugar, mix and cook for 1 minute. Add garam masala powder and 2 tbsps coriander leaves and mix.
8. Add boondi and mix. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Take the pan off the heat.
9. To make tempering, heat oil in a small pan. Add cumin seeds and let them change colour. Add dried red chillies, red chilli powder and curry leaves and mix well. Pour this mixture directly into the kadhi and mix.
10. Add remaining coriander leaves and mix.
11. Serve hot garnished with salted boondi and coriander sprig.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :