A super healthy twist to the regular muthiyas! Filled with the nutrients of doodhi (bottle gourd) and loaded with flavours! A must have for sure!
1 medium bottle gourd (doodhi)
1 tbsp green chilli-ginger paste
1 tbsp yogurt
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
2-3 tbsps gram flour
2-3 tbsps whole wheat flour
2 tbsps oil + for greasing
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
2 tbsps white sesame seeds
¼ tsp asafoetida
8-10 curry leaves
1. Heat some water in a deep non-stick pan. Place a steamer on top, cover and bring water to boil.
2. Take bottle gourd in a bowl. Add green chilli-ginger paste, yogurt, sugar and lemon juice and mix. Add salt and mix well.
3. Add gram flour and wheat flour and mix till well combined. Add 1 tbsp oil and mix well.
4. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into 1 inch thick cylinders. These are muthiyas.
5. Grease the steamer with some oil, place muthiyas, cover and steam till done. Transfer on the worktop and cool. Cut into ½ inch pieces.
6. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté till sesame seeds turn light golden.
7. Add steamed muthiya pieces, toss and cook till light golden.
8. Serve hot.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :