Freshly baked chocolate cookies overloaded with chocolate chips and walnuts.
OVERLOADED CHOCOLATE COOKIES
¾ cup dark chocolate chips
1¼ cups refined flour
½ cup butter
¾ cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
¼ cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
A pinch salt
¼ cup walnuts
1. Preheat oven at 180ºC. Line a baking tray with a parchment paper.
2. Cream butter and castor sugar in a bowl till soft and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla essence and whisk well.
3. Sieve togetherflour and cocoa powder in the butter-sugar mixture. Add baking soda and salt and fold well.
4. Roughly chop walnuts, add to theprepared mixture. Add chocolate chips and mix well to make a dough.
5. Divide the dough into equal portions, shape them into cookies and place on a lined baking tray.
6. Place the baking tray in preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
This North Indian delicacy is a perfect side dish that can be easily prepared using some easily available ingredients in your kitchen. This curd dish makes for a nice summer dish which is easy to digest and is a delectable.
1 cup split skinless black gram (dhuli urad dal), soaked overnight and drained
500 gms yogurt
Oil to deep fry
Salt to taste
½ tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp raisins
1 tbsp gram flour (besan)
¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
2 tsps sugar
Black salt as required
Roasted cumin powder, as required
Red chilli powder, as required
Green chutney, as required
Sweet tamarind chutney, as required
1. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
2. Put the grams in a large mixer jar and grind with a little water till smooth. Transfer the batter into a bowl, add salt and whisk well so as to incorporate air into the batter.
3. Add cumin seeds and raisins and mix well. Add gram flour and mix well.
4. Dampen your fingers and drop small amounts into the hot oil and deep fry till golden.
5. Put water at room temperature in a large bowl. Drain the fried bhalle and drop into this water. Add a little asafoetida to the water and let the bhalle soak for a while.
6. Put the yogurt in a muslin cloth, gather the edges together and squeeze out yogurt into another big bowl. This way it will be absolutely smooth.
7. Add sugar and salt to the yogurt and mix well.
8. Squeeze out excess water from the bhalle and put into the yogurt mixture and let them soak for a while.
9. While serving break the bhalle slightly and put equally into 4 serving bowls. Sprinkle a little black salt, little roasted cumin powder and little red chilli powder. Drizzle green chutney and sweet tamarind chutney and some of the yogurt remaining in the big bowl. Sprinkle some more red chilli powder and serve immediately.
Click to Subscribe:
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on :