Even when not in God’s Own Country, breakfast like they do … Black chickpeas cooked in a spicy, coconut gravy and served with puttu or appam.
1 cup brown Bengal gram (kadla), soaked overnight
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
4 dried red chillies
20-24 curry leaves
1 large onion, sliced
4-5 garlic cloves
½ cup scraped fresh coconut
1 large onion, chopped
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
Fresh coriander sprig for garnish
1. Put the brown Bengal gram in a pressure cooker, add 3 cups water, mix, cover and cook under pressure till 5-6 whistles are released. Switch the heat off and allow the pressure to reduce completely.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a shallow pan. Add coriander seeds, red chillies, 10-12 curry leaves, and sliced onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic, and coconut and sauté till lightly coloured and fragrant. Switch the heat off and allow to cool slightly.
3. Transfer the mixture into a mixer jar and add 1 cup water and grind to a smooth paste.
4. Heat remaining oil in a deep non-stick pan. Add the chopped onions and remaining curry leaves and sauté till lightly coloured.
5. Add cooked gram mixture along with the water in which it was cooked.
6. Add the ground paste, red chilli powder, and salt and mix well. Cook for 4-5 minutes or till the curry thickens slightly.
7. Serve hot garnished with coriander sprig.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :
#SanjeevKapoor #kadlacurry #keralafood #keralarecipes
sanjeev kapoor,sanjeev kapoor recipe,sanjeev kapoor recipes,khana khazana,chef sanjeev kapoor,khana khazana recipes,masterchef sanjeev kapoor,indian recipes,master chef,indian food,recipes,easy recipes,quick recipes,kadla curry,brown chickpea curry,kerala food,kerala cuisine,kerala recipe,kerala recipes,kala chana curry,kala chana curry recipe,kerala style curry,kadala curry recipe,kadala curry kerala style,chickpea curry,brown chickpeas curry