Full recipe for Shahi tukda
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 1.5 hours
For making Shahi tukda masala
• Almonds ¼ cup
• Green cardamom 3-4 no. (skinless)
• Black cardamom 1 no. (skinless)
• Black peppercorns 3-4 no.
• Fennel seeds 1 tbsp
• Grind all the ingredients well in a grinder, Shahi tukda masala is ready, it can be stored in fridge in an airtight container.
For making rabari
• Full fat milk 1.5 litre
• Sugar 3 tbsp
• Shahi tukda masala 2 tbsp
• In a heavy bottom pan, bring the milk to a boil. Lower the heat and stir continuously so to prevent the milk to stick to the bottom of the pan.
• Once the layer of the cream starts to form, start collecting the cream on the edges of the pan.
• Scrape of the cream layer stuck on the edges and repeat the process until the milk reduces to 1/3rd.
• Add sugar, and cook for 7-8 minutes while stirring.
• Add the Shahi tukda masala and stir well.
• Cool down the rabari and refrigerate it before serving.
For making chashni
• Sugar 1 cup
• Water 1 cup
• Saffron strands 12-15
• Cardamom powder a pinch
• Let the sugar dissolve.
• Add the saffron strands and cardamom powder.
• Cook the syrup and bring it to one string consistency.
• Cool down the syrup to Luke warm temperature.
For making shahi tukda
• Brown bread slices 8-10
• Ghee for frying
• Cut the brown bread slices into four triangles.
• In a pan heat ghee to shallow fry the bread triangles on both the sides until crisp and golden brown.
• Drain excess ghee and cool down the fried breads.
• Coat the fried bread triangles with the sugar syrup.
• Top it up with the chilled rabari and finish it by sprinkling Shahi tukda masala, few almonds and pistachios slivers and some dried rose petals (optional).
Join us on:
Follow Chef Sanjyot Keer Here: