Samosa dough stuffed with spicy potato pea mixture shaped and deep fried. A popular snack from the Indian Cuisine.
4 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
Samosa dough as required
1 tablespoon ghee + as required
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 green chilli, finely chopped
1 inch ginger, finely chopped
¼ cup green peas
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon dried mango powder (amchur)
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
Oil for deep-frying
Tomato ketchup for serving
1. Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds, green chillies and ginger and sauté for 30 seconds. Add potatoes and mash well.
2. Add green peas, chilli powder, dried mango powder, garam masala powder and salt, mix and cook for 1 minute. Add coriander leaves and mix well. Transfer in a bowl and cool.
3. Divide the dough into equal portions and apply some ghee on each portion.
4. Grease the worktop with some ghee, place each portion and roll out into an oblong sheet. Halve each sheet horizontally.
5. Twist each halved sheet to shape into a cone, stuff with some potato mixture, apply some water on the edges, bring them together and press to seal to shape into samosas.
6. Put the samosas in hot oil and deep-fry on medium heat till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
7. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Click to Subscribe:
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on :