Layers of fresh vegetable roundels on a bed of tangy tomato sauce. A popular recipe from the French cuisine.
1 medium green zucchini
1 medium yellow zucchini
2 medium long brinjals
3 medium tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil + as required
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
2 medium carrots, cut into cubes
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup fresh tomato puree
1 medium yellow capsicum
1 medium red capsicum
4-5 fresh basil leaves
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
1 bay leaf
1. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a deep non-stick pan. Add garlic and sauté till lightly browned.
2. Add onion, mix and sauté till translucent. Add celery and mix. Add carrots and mix well.
3. Add thyme leaves and butter, mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Add tomato puree, stir and bring to a boil.
4. Add yellow and red capsicum and mix. Add torn basil leaves and mix well.
5. Add salt, chilli flakes, crushed peppercorns and bay leaf, mix well and cook till the vegetables soften.
6. Discard the bay leaf, add some water and blend well. Remove from heat and set aside.
7. Preheat oven to 180º C.
8. Slice green and yellow zucchini and brinjal and soak them in water. Slice tomatoes and set aside.
9. Spread the cooked mixture in a glass baking dish. Top with alternative rows of zucchini, brinjal and tomato slices. Pour some olive oil.
10. Put the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
11. Serve hot.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :