Written Recipe for Pineapple Sheera
• Pineapple slices 300 gm
• Salt a pinch
• Sugar a large pinch
• Lemon juice few drops
• Ghee (amount of ghee used is given in method section)
• Cashews 8-10 nos. (halved)
• Almonds 8-10 nos. (chopped)
• Pistachios 8-10 nos. (chopped)
• Semolina (suji/rava) 1 cup
• Water 3.25 cups (3 cups + 1/4th cup)
• Kesar (saffron) 10-12 strands
• Elaichi powder (Green Cardamom powder) 1 tsp
• Sugar 3/4th cup
• Take a coin size cookie cutter or a bottle lid and core out the pineapple slices.
• Coat the pineapple slices with salt, a large pinch of sugar and lemon juice.
• Set a grill pan or a normal pan on medium high heat, add the coated pineapple slices and grill on both the sides until grill marks appear and the pineapple caramelize, the grilling and the caramelization process deepens the flavour of the pineapple.
• Transfer the grilled caramelized pineapple on a chopping board and roughly chop them while keeping them chunky, keep aside until used for making sheera.
• Set a wok on low heat, add 2 tbsp ghee and chopped nuts in the wok, fry the nuts until light golden brown in colour. Keep aside until used for making sheera.
• In the same pan add some more ghee about 1-2 tbsp, and semolina and roast it on medium low flame, until aromatic and light golden brown in colour. Remove it on a plate and keep aside.
• Set another wok on medium heat, add water, kesar, cardamom powder and caramelized pineapple chunks, mix well and bring to a boil.
• Add the roasted semolina in one stream and make sure to stir continuously while adding roasted semolina to avoid lump formation, keep stirring and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium high flame.
• Add 3/4th cup sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves completely.
• Once sugar dissolves, add 1/4th cup of ghee Add some ghee in two batches, stir and cook until the sheera leaves the pan and the ghee has separated.
• Add the roasted nuts and mix well. Your pineapple sheera is ready, serve hot and garnish it with some chopped or slivered nuts.
• I haven’t used raisins in the making of sheera, but if you prefer you can definitely go for it and tweak the addition of nuts as per your preference.
The Music I use in All my videos –
(Best for independent creators)
Follow us on all platforms:
Follow my personal handles here: (Chef Sanjyot Keer)