Written recipe for Paneer tikka masala tacos
Prep time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 30 mins
For making paneer tikka filling
• Thick curd ½ cup
• Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
• Powdered spices:
1. Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
2. Coriander powder 1 tbsp
3. Cumin powder 1 tsp
4. Turmeric powder 1/4th tsp
5. Aamchur powder 1 tsp
6. Garam masala 1 tsp
• Salt to taste
• Paneer 250 gm (cubes)
• Oil 2 tbsp
• Cumin 2 tsp
• Onions 1 medium size (chopped)
• Green chillies 1-2 nos.
• Tomato puree ½ cup
• Water 100 ml
• Tomatoes 1 medium size (diced)
• Capsicum 1 medium size (diced)
• Onions 1 medium size (diced)
• Kasuri methi 1 tsp
• Garam masala ½ tsp
• Fresh coriander 1 tbsp (chopped)
• In a mixing bowl, add thick curd, ginger garlic paste, powdered spices and salt to taste, mix well and add the paneer and coat it well, marinate it for 15-20 minutes.
• Set a pan on medium heat, add oil, jeera and sauté for few seconds, add the onions and cook until they are translucent.
• Add green chillies and tomato puree and cook for 3-4 minutes.
• Add water and salt to taste, mix well and add the marinated paneer, cook for 5-6 minutes.
• Add diced tomatoes, capsicum and onions and cook further for 3-4 minutes.
• Add kasuri methi, garam masala and freshly chopped coriander leaves, mix well and keep aside for a while.
For making taco shells:
• Refined flour 2 cups
• Salt to taste
• Baking powder 1 tsp
• Curd 1 cup
• Water as required
• Oil as required
• Kalonji as required
• Fresh coriander as required (chopped)
• In a mixing bowl add refined flour, salt and baking powder, mix well and add curd and combine well together, further add water as required to knead a smooth & a soft dough.
• Cover it with a damp cloth and rest it for 30 minutes.
• Apply oil and Knead once again after the rest divide the dough into small and equal dough balls, flatten it with hands and sprinkle some oil if required to prevent it from sticking, sprinkle little kalonji and fresh coriander and further flatten it to a mini size chapati with finger tips.
• Set a hot tava and apply water on the other side of the chapati, carefully press with it on the tawa and cook for half a minute, flip the tawa and cook the other side facing towards the flame until brown spots appear. It is the similar way we make naan at home.
• Take it off from the flame and make as many as you want, one mini chapati is equal to on taco shell.
• Freshly prepared paneer tikka filling
• Freshly prepared tacos shells
• Dahi and pudina chutney (just mix thick curd and mint chutney)
• Fresh cream
• Sliced onions
• Spread the dahi & pudina chutney, add the paneer tikka filling as required, pour little fresh cream, place few onion rings and squeeze a quarter of fresh lemon.
• Your chicken tikka tacos are ready to be served serve these fusion tacos as a party appetizer.
Join us on:
Follow Chef Sanjyot Keer Here: