The popular dal from Muradabad needs no introduction.
1 cup Tata Sampann Moong Dal
Salt to taste
½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
¼ cup butter, cut into small cubes
Black salt to taste
Roasted cumin powder for sprinkling
3-4 green chillies, chopped
4 tsps freshly chopped coriander leaves
Green chutney for drizzling
Ginger strips for garnish
Red chilli powder for sprinkling
1. Take Tata Sampann Moong Dal in a bowl, add sufficient water and soak it for 2-3 hours and drain.
2. In a pressure cooker, add 3 cups of water, drained moong dal, salt, hing and mix well.
3. Cook for 3 whistles on high heat, reduce the heat and cook on low heat for 15 minutes. Allow the pressure to be released completely.
4. Open the lid and cook for at least 10-15 minutes or till there is a thick layer of cream like formation on top of the dal. Take it off the heat.
5. For one portion, add 1 tsp butter in the serving bowl, pour over the dal on top.
6. Sprinkle black salt, roasted cumin powder, a few green chillies, 1 tsp chopped coriander, and drizzle a little green chutney.
7. Add a few ginger strips and sprinkle a little red chilli powder. Top it with a cube of butter and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :