A spicy preparation of sprouted brown and green gram served with pav
1 cup sprouted brown gram (matki)
1 cup sprouted green gram (moong)
Pav for serving
3 tbsps oil
1 medium onion
¼ tsp asafoetida
½ tsp mustard seeds
¼ tsp turmeric powder
10-12 curry leaves
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
3 green chillies
8-10 fresh coriander sprigs + for garnishing
½ cup farsan
2 tbsps finely chopped onion
Juice of ½ lemon
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Finely chop onion.
2. Add asafoetida and mustard seeds to the pan and let the seeds splutter. Add onion, mix and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add turmeric powder, curry leaves, sprouted brown gram and sprouted green gram and mix well.
4. Add coriander powder, cumin powder and ginger-garlic paste, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add red chilli powder and mix well. Add 3 cups water and salt, mix, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Finely chop green chillies and add. Mix well, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
7. Roughly chop coriander sprigs and add. Mix well, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
8. Transfer missal into a serving bowl, top with farsan and chopped onion. Drizzle lemon juice, garnish with a coriander sprig and serve hot with pav.
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on :