Laser hair removal in Delhi is a method based on selective photothermolysis, which destroys the hair follicle, eliminating without damaging the skin.
Laser hair removal in Delhi is one of the most popular treatments requested by women and men who take care of their personal appearance. As technology advances, the number of laser brands worldwide increases, making treatment easier and safer.
There are different methods:
To understand this near-definitive hair removal procedure, it is important to know how to differentiate between Pulsed Light (IPL) and Diode Laser.
Pulsed light (IPL) is a much slower treatment because it consists of several sessions to definitively remove hair, since it is of lower frequency, while the diode laser has a longer wavelength, being more effective and obtaining better results.
Benefits of laser hair removal in Delhi
- Removes hair almost definitely
- Improves the texture and elasticity of the skin, as it activates collagen and elastin.
- Lightens stains on waxed areas.
- Helps improve folliculitis (ingrown hairs).
In the early days of this treatment, failures were made, due to the few devices and not very advanced technology, in addition to this, the few pre-care and post-treatment care that many patients take into account and malpractice in many aesthetics or beauty centers, have made over time have woven myths around laser hair removal, which generate doubts in those who plan to eliminate the annoying hair with this novel treatment.
With this post, we want to clarify myths and highlight the truths of laser hair removal in Delhi, do not stop reading.
Laser hair removal myths
- Before waxing it is necessary to let the hair grow. While it is true that the session should be attended without long hairs, it should never be waxed but shaved, to leave the hair shaft that will lead the laser energy to the root of the hair.
- Laser hair removal is painful. The patient only feels a small discomfort from the heat of the laser light, to decrease further, beauty centers combine with cold air systems. There are exceptions where there is a lot of sensitivity, so an anesthetic cream is applied to avoid discomfort.
- Laser hair removal removes 100% of hairs, actually only removes up to 90% of hair, although it leaves a weaker and clearer hair that doesn’t grow much.
- Laser hair removal is permanent, it can actually last for many years, in some cases, it grows back at 3 years, due to hormonal changes or because wax or tweezer is used to remove some hair.
- Laser hair removal can cause cancer. As it is a procedure of only 18 years being applied, it is not enough time for the conduct of accurate studies, but so far there has not been a case of cancer associated with laser hair removal. However, sun protection is essential during treatment.
- Laser hair removal can be performed in any aesthetic or beauty center. This is totally false so we must be very careful to select the site, it must have an operating authorization granted by the competent health body, ensuring that it has the required sanitary and safety conditions.
- Laser hair removal can be performed by anyone. Just as it should be done at an authorized Beauty Center, it should also be performed by health professionals, for example, dermatologist in Delhi trained to operate the laser machine and to evaluate the skin and its needs correctly.
- Laser hair removal has the same effectiveness in all parts of the body. Hair removal is most effective where the follicle is closest to the first layer of the skin, this does not happen in all areas. It is more effective in the armpits and bikini line than on the face and thighs, where it requires more sessions.
- Laser hair removal can be applied in pregnant or lactating women. Although in some centers allow it is not ideal, because they run the risk of affecting effectiveness and can cause spots on the skin.
- Laser hair removal exposes those receiving radiation treatment. It is false because the procedure does not emit any radiation, so it is not harmful.
- Laser hair removal is a very expensive treatment. The investment to perform the procedure may seem high, but when analyzing it is more profitable, considering the extension of the area to be waxed, the total amount of expenses generated by all traditional hair removals and the saving of time.
Truths of Laser Hair Removal in Delhi
- It is more complicated to remove light hair than dark hair, because the goal of the laser is melanin and light or blonde hair has less. It is tweaked to the type of hair (black, chestnut, blond, etc.) and to the skin type (phototype) mainly in order not to obtain the opposite effect, further stimulating the growth of hair.
- In summer it is not convenient to perform laser hair removal, as it is contraindicated for tanned skins.
- The laser can cause skin burns if it reacts sensitively to medication or medical examinations.
- It is not the same the pulsed light as laser hair removal, because it is a polychromatic light that moves to look for melanin and thus remove hair, eliminating in its path different types of hairs. While the laser is a monochromatic light that in one direction absorbs melanin, penetrating the 3 layers of the skin, definitively removing hair.
- It should be done once a month or every 3 months.
- With laser can be waxed all areas of the body.
Once we clear up doubts, it is essential to take appropriate precautions and advise for optimal results.
How to get better results?
- Attend the session with the shaved areas at least 12 hours before.
- Exfoliate the skin a day before the session.
- Moisturize daily every night with a moisturizer, at least 7 days before.
- Avoid solar exposures 3 days before and 3 days later.
- Do not use self-tanners.
- Avoid waxing, tweezing, electric epilators, weeks before the session.
- Notify the professional team if you are medicated or if you took any medications before the session.
Considerations for the selection of the Beauty or Aesthetics Center
- Have the presence of a Dermatologist in Delhi as a supervisor. In many centers they also own.
- Have the best technology in hair removal and be at the forefront of the most secure platforms.
- The facilities are properly maintained with hygienic conditions.
- Good reputation in the health and aesthetics sector.
In conclusion, in order for the laser hair removal in Delhi to have the expected results, you must clarify your doubts, make sure to choose the best Beauty Center, Aesthetics or SPA and most importantly comply with the recommendations given prior to treatment.