Written recipe Kadhai paneer recipe
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
For kadhai masala
• Whole spices:
1. Whole Kashmiri red chilli 1 no.
2. Black peppercorns 4-5 nos.
3. Saunf 1 tsp
4. Coriander seeds 1 tbsp
5. Jeera 1 tsp
• Set a pan on medium heat, add all the whole spices and dry roast it for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
• Cool it down and transfer it to a grinding jar, grind it coarsely. Keep aside for later use.
For kadhai paneer
• Ghee 3 tbsp
• Whole Dry red chillies 1-2 nos.
• Jeera 1 tsp
• Coriander seeds
• Tomatoes 6 medium size (chopped)
• Salt to taste
• Garlic cloves 7-8 nos.
• Ginger 1 inch (juliennes)
• Freshly prepared Kadhai masala 1 tbsp
• Red chilli powder 1 tsp
• Capsicum 2 medium size (diced)
• Tomato 2 medium size (diced)
• Onion 2 medium size (diced)
• Paneer 250 gm (cubes)
• Garam masala 1 tsp
• Kasuri methi 1 tsp
• Fresh coriander leaves 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Set a wok or pan on medium heat, add ghee, whole red chillies, jeera and coriander seeds, sauté them for 1-2 minutes.
• Add the tomatoes and salt, and stir & cook until the tomatoes are mushy, further add garlic cloves, ginger and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
• Add the kadhai masala and the red chilli powder, cook until the oil separates.
• Further add capsicum, tomatoes and onions, mix well and do not cook for long a to keep the veggies a little crunchy.
• Further add paneer cubes and mix gently with light hands without breaking the paneer, and cook it for another 2-3 minutes, check for seasoning and add salt accordingly.
• Add garam masala, kasuri methi and freshly chopped coriander leaves, mix well and your kadhai paneer is ready to be served, serve hot with paratha or naan or roti of your choice.
Join us on:
Follow Chef Sanjyot Keer Here: