Written recipe for Kadhai chicken
Prep time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
For kadhai masala
• Whole spices:
1. Dry red chillies 2-3 nos.
2. Coriander seeds 1 tbsp
3. Black peppercorns 1 tbsp
4. Fennel seeds (saunf) 1 tbsp
5. Jeera (cumin seeds) 1 tbsp
• Set a pan on medium heat, add the whole spices and roast it for 2-3 minutes or until aroma is released, transfer to a grinding jar grind them to a fine powder. Your kadhai masala is ready store them in an airtight container.
For chicken kadhai
• Chicken 750 gm
• Salt to taste
• Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
• Red chilli powder 1 tsp
• Ghee / oil 4 tbsp
• Garlic 4-5 cloves (crushed)
• Ginger 1 inch (juliennes)
• Powdered spices:
1. Turmeric powder ½ tsp
2. Coriander powder 1 tbsp
3. Jeera powder 1 tsp
4. Red chilli powder 2 tsp
• Freshly prepared Kadhai masala 1 tbsp
• Tomatoes 3-4 medium size (chopped)
• Salt to taste
• Hot water 200 ml
• Curd ½ cup (whisked)
• Fresh cream 2 tbsp
• Garam masala 1 tsp
• Capsicum 1 medium size (diced)
• Onions 1 medium size (diced)
• Green chillies 1-2 nos. (slit)
• Fresh coriander leaves 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Add the chicken in a mixing bowl, further add salt, ginger garlic paste and red chilli powder, mix well and marinate it for 15 minutes.
• Set a pan on medium heat, add ghee / oil and add the marinated chicken, cook it for 10-12 minutes and further cook it for 7-8 minutes while stirring in intervals, keeping the flame low.
• Add crushed garlic, ginger, powdered spices and freshly prepared Kadhai masala, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
• Add tomatoes and salt, stir and cook for 3-4 minutes, add hot water to make thick gravy, you adjust the consistency of the gravy by adding water, mix and bring to a boil. Cover and cook until tomatoes are nicely incorporated into the gravy.
• Low down the heat and add the curd to the gravy and keep stirring as soon as you add the curd. Stir and cook until the oil/ ghee is separate.
• Add fresh cream and garam masala, stir gently and cook for 2-3 minutes.
• Add capsicum, onions, green chillies and fresh coriander, stir gently and cook for 2 minutes.
• Your kadhai chicken is ready to be served, serve it hot with naan, roti or laccha paratha of your choice. Serve hot.
Join us on:
Follow Chef Sanjyot Keer Here: