You will not want to step out of your house for Jalebi after this perfect, easy and delicious recipe.
1 ½ cups + ¼ cup refined flour (maida)
2 cups sugar
1 tbsp milk
A large pinch of saffron
A pinch of green cardamom powder
Ghee for deep frying
1. Place 1½ cups refined flour in a bowl, add 1½ cups water and beat with hand for 15-20 minutes to make a light smooth batter. Cover the bowl and keep in a warm place to ferment for 12 hours.
2. Cook the sugar with 2 cups water in a deep non-stick pan on high heat, stirring continuously, add milk, mix well and bring it to boil. Discard the scum.
3. Add saffron, green cardamom powder and mix well. Cook till the sugar syrup reaches one string consistency.
4. Add the remaining flour in the fermented batter and mix well.
5. Heat sufficient ghee in a kadai. Pour the fermented jalebi batter in jalebi cloth and pipe the spirals in moderately hot ghee and deep fry till crisp.
6. Dunk in sugar syrup and set aside for 5-10 minutes. Remove from the sugar syrup and serve warm.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :