Written recipe for Homemade malai paneer
Rest time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 15 mins
Serves: 750 gm
• Water 1.5 litre
• Vinegar / lemon juice 3 tbsp
• Milk (full-fat) 23 litres
• Fresh cream 3/4th cup
• Mix vinegar / lemon juice with water.
• Set a deep and heavy bottom wok or pan on medium heat, add milk and bring it to boil while stirring and ensuring the milk doesn’t burns. Use clean spatula for mixing.
• Once the milk has come to a boil, lower the flame and add fresh cream, stir gently for a minute.
• Add the vinegar / lemon diluted water to the milk slowly and gradually and keep on stirring, you’ll notice the milk solids has separated and milk has now curdled.
• Once the whey has separated completely, take it from the gas and stop the cooking procedure.
• Now strain the whey and collect the milk solids or paneer by using a muslin cloth, preserve the whey as it is really nutritious and can be used in kneading dough, can be added in vegetable stock and many more.
• Hang the paneer and allow its whey to drain completely, do not squeeze with hands as its hot.
• Wash the paneer completely with fresh water to remove the sour taste that came with use of vinegar / lemon juice.
• Use a colander and place paneer in the muslin cloth itself and place a heavy object over it, so the excess moisture in the paneer drains out and milk solids come together to form a big paneer block. Keep the heavy weight for at least 1 hour.
• Your fresh soft homemade malai paneer is ready, use accordingly.
Join us on:
Follow Chef Sanjyot Keer Here: