Full Written Recipe for Chana halwa puri
Prep time: 7-8 hours (includes soaking time)
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
Serves: 4-5 people
• Black chane 500 gm
• Salt to taste
• Lal mirch (red chilli) powder 2 tbsp
• Dhaniya (coriander) powder 2 tbsp
• Amchur (dry mango) powder 2 tsp
• Jeera (cumin) powder 2 tsp
• Water 100 ml
• Oil 3-4 tbsp
• Jeera (cumin seeds) 1 tsp
• Haldi (turmeric) powder ½ tsp
• Salt to taste
• Garam masala 2 tsp
• Wash the black chana thoroughly with water, and soak them overnight for 7-8 hours or overnight, once soaked strain & rinse with fresh water.
• Transfer the soaked chana in a pressure cooker along with salt to taste and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles on medium flame.
• After the chana is cooked, strain the water and reserve it to be used later.
• In a bowl add, red chilli powder, dhaniya powder, amchur powder & jeera powder, add little water and mix well to make a lump free paste, keep this spice paste aside to be used later.
• Set a wok on medium heat, add oil, jeera, let the jeera splutter further add the prepared spice paste and stir continuously while cooking.
• Further add turmeric powder, and cook on medium flame until the oil separates, now add the cooked chana, salt to taste & garam masala, mix to coat well with the spices.
• Add the reserved chana water, around 100 ml – 200 ml, stir & cook well on medium flame for 10-15 minutes, cook until the water completely evaporates & the masala coats well.
• Kale chane is ready, serve them hot along with halwa puri.
• Water 3 cups
• Cheeni (sugar) 1 cup + 2 tbsp
• Choti elaichi (green cardamom) 1-2 nos. (crushed)
• Ghee ½ cup + 2 tbsp
• Sooji (semolina) medium or jada 1 cup
• Almonds 1/4th cup
• Set a wok on high heat, add sugar, water and elaichi, stir until the sugar dissolves completely. Once dissolved bring to a boil and cook for 4-5 minutes.
• In another wok, set it on low flame, add the ghee and sooji, stir and cook the sooji until it starts to get some colour and is aromatic. Cooking of sooji is very important.
• As the sooji is almost roasted, and the almonds and roast it briefly for 30 seconds.
• Further add the prepared sugar syrup and be careful while adding, stir continuously while cooking on medium flame cook until the water is been absorbed & the ghee has been separated. This process of cooking may take around 8-10 minutes.
• Switch off the flame, cover and rest for 5-10 minutes. Your sheera is ready, serve hot with chana and puri.
• Wheat flour 2 cups
• Salt to taste
• Sooji (semolina) 2 tbsp
• Ajwain 1 tsp
• Ghee 2 tbsp
• Water as required
• Oil for frying
• In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, semolina, ajwain, salt and ghee, mix well add water as required to knead a soft dough. Knead the dough well for 3-4 minutes.
• Apply some ghee over the dough surface, cover it with a damp cloth and rest it for minimum 30 minutes.
• After resting the dough, knead it once again & divide into small equal roundels, apply some oil and roll into a thin chapati.
• Heat oil for frying, slide the puri in hot oil, try to push down the puri with frying poon to fluff it up, flip and fry on both sides until it fluffs up nicely and is golden brown in colour.
• Your hot fluffy puri is ready, serve hot with sheera & chane.
#YFL #SanjyotKeer #halwapuri
The Music I use in All my videos –
(Best for independent creators)
Follow us on all platforms:
Follow my personal handles here: (Chef Sanjyot Keer)