Full recipe for Gobhi manchurian
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
• Cauliflower 400 gm (florets)
• Salt a pinch
• Refined flour (maida) 2 tbsp + ½
• Corn flour 3/4th cup
• Water as required
• Black pepper power a pinch
• Oil 2 tbsp
• Ginger 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Garlic 3 tbsp (chopped)
• Spring onions bulbs 1/4th cup (chopped)
• Capsicum 1/4th cup
• Green chilli 5-6 nos. (chopped)
• Fresh coriander leaves handful
• Sugar 1 tsp
• Soy sauce 2 tbsp
• Red chilli sauce 1 tbsp
• Ketchup 1 tbsp
• Salt to taste
• White pepper a pinch
• Water 100 ml
• Corn starch 2 tbsp + water 1 tbsp
• Spring onion greens 1 tbsp
• Set boiling water in a pan or a wok, add the cauliflower florets and salt a pinch, mix, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove it and transfer it to a mixing bowl.
• In the mixing bowl add 2 tbsp refined flour, and coat the florets well.
• In a separate mixing bowl add ½ cup refined flour, corn flour, salt & pepper as per taste, mix well, add water and make a thick batter.
• Add the coated cauliflower florets and further coat it with the batter.
• Set oil in a wok on medium heat and fry them until golden brown, fry them in batches and do not overcrowd, remove it on absorbent paper towel.
• Increase the temperature of the oil by switching the gas to high heat, re fry the half-fried cauliflower for the second time until crisp and golden brown. Remove it on an absorbent paper towel and keep aside.
• Set the wok on medium high heat, add oil, ginger, garlic, spring onion bulbs and capsicum, sauté them on high flame for a minute.
• Add green chillies, fresh coriander, sugar, soy sauce, red chilli sauce, ketchup, salt and white pepper, sauté them on high flame for a minute.
• Add water and bring the sauce to a boil, add the corn starch and water mixture and cook until sauce thickens, add the fried cauliflower and sprig onion greens and toss them well and cook them for a minute, ensuring the sauce coats the cauliflower well.
• Your gobhi manchurian is ready to be served, garnish it with some freshly chopped spring onion greens and serve hot as a party appetizer.
Join us on:
Follow Chef Sanjyot Keer Here: