Erectile dysfunction, the same as impotence, is one of the most common sexual problems common in men of all ages.
Erectile dysfunction (impotence) in men is defined as the inability to achieve and maintain the erection needed to perform sexual intercourse. Erectile dysfunction for men often becomes a great ordeal, as it is not only a physiological but also a psychological problem. According to statistics, virtually all men, starting from the age of 20, have been affected by the problem of erectile dysfunction at least once. It should be noted that this problem is the most common sexual disorder in men. Hundreds of millions of men on earth suffer from erectile dysfunction. That is why the question of how to treat this sexual disorder does not lose its urgency.
What can cause erectile dysfunction?
Different forms of the disease are distinguished based on the underlying causes. If we divide the reasons into a main group, we can distinguish between them:
- Depression, depressed state;
- Chronic neurosis, psychosis;
- Stressful situations, family conflicts;
- Drug addiction, alcoholism;
- Fear of failure and sexual impotence.
- Diseases of the head and spinal cord, various types of trauma (including those caused by surgery);
- Circulatory disorders of the brain;
- multiple sclerosis;
- Parkinson’s disease;
- Peripheral innervation disorders (neuropathies – alcohol, drug, diabetes, etc.)
- Peyronie’s disease
- Cavernous fibrosis.
- Diabetes mellitus;
- Adrenal and thyroid dysfunction.
- Combined damage to the vascular system of the genitals;
- Disorders of microcirculation in the genitals;
- Hypertensive disease;
- Abnormal venous drainage of cavernous bodies.
- May occur on the background of taking psychotropic, hormonal and antidepressants.
- It is possible to develop soft tissues between the genitals and between, as a result of various injuries in the area
What are the treatment methods?
Men find it difficult to admit their own sexual problems. Due to the shy nature and delicacy of the problem, the patient often locks himself in, does not want to discuss the issue and share the feelings of failure in personal life with others, therefore, does not turn to a sexologist in Delhi at all. Such an attitude towards the problem is medically wrong and often leads to a worsening problem.
Modern medicine possesses many methods to help a patient with erectile dysfunction. In some cases of erectile dysfunction (including organic forms) it is impossible to completely cure the patient. However, even in this case, sexologists in Delhi can conduct symptomatic treatment to maximize the elimination of this pathology.
Consider some modern methods of treating erectile dysfunction:
- There are three potentially selective phosphodiesterase (PDE5) inhibitors (PDE5) on the market today whose efficacy and safety in the erectile dysfunction treatment in Delhi have been demonstrated in practice. They are not the initiators of an erection, therefore, sexual stimulation is needed during treatment to achieve an erection. Their effectiveness is defined as sufficient strength of the penis for vaginal penetration. These drugs are: sildenafil, vardenafil and tadalafil. All of these drugs have a characteristic feature that may be important for this or that patient.
- Herbal preparations – in most cases their effectiveness in the treatment of erectile dysfunction has not been proven, but their use may improve the overall condition of the patient.
- In case of ineffective effect of the above drugs, taken in the form of pills, as an alternative, intravenous injection may be used as an alternative. It is essential to take these medications under the supervision of a sexologist doctor in Delhi as incorrect treatment will most likely lead to dangerous side effects.
- There is also an alternative to the drug – urethral administration of alprostadil. Using a special system, a small capsule containing alprostadil is inserted into the urethra. Such treatment is quite effective and acceptable for many patients.
- Vacuum device – used in relatively elderly patients. It traps venous blood in the genitals, after which a clamping ring is fixed at the base of the penis. This approach is a very effective and safe method of treatment in elderly patients.
- Surgical intervention – In case other methods of treatment do not bring the desired result, the most effective and efficient treatment approach is male prosthesis. There are two types of prostheses: soft (semi-rigid) and inflatable (two or three-chambered). Most patients prefer a three-chamber prosthesis because the erection is more ‘natural’ during such a prosthesis.
It is extremely important to follow these simple rules to prevent or slow down the progression of erectile dysfunction:
- Pay attention to nutrition. Fatty foods increase the risk of erectile dysfunction and vascular disease. Baked and sweet foods cause obesity and diabetes which also increases the risk of erectile dysfunction. Follow a well-balanced diet that includes fats, proteins and carbohydrates in the right proportions. In addition, the diet should contain vitamins and minerals that are essential for the body.
- Control blood pressure. If your blood pressure is high, be sure to seek medical help, your sex doctor in Delhi will prescribe medication to regulate your blood pressure. Chronic hypertension and atherosclerosis increase the risk of developing erectile dysfunction.
- Quit using tobacco, alcohol, and drugs. It should be noted that cigarette smoking leads to the development of systemic diseases, which leads to a decrease in potency. It is almost impossible to have a healthy sex life without giving up bad habits.
- Do not self-medicate or take medication without supervision of sex specialist in Delhi. Often the cause of erectile dysfunction is the incorrect or excessive use of medications, vitamins, biologically active supplements and similar remedies. Before taking any medication, it is necessary to consult an appropriate sexologist in Delhi.
- Try to move a lot. Lack of regular physical activity is a prerequisite for weight gain. At such times the body is less fed with oxygen, the elasticity of tissues and blood vessels decreases, and all this leads to a decrease in potency. Find time to go for a walk, jog, swim and walk to the fitness club.
- Learn to control the psychological load. Depression, stress and the presence of complexes can provoke sexual problems. For the most part, cases of erectile dysfunction are psychological in nature. Avoid acute conflict situations, try to fully relax.
Finally, despite the delicacy of the problem, consult the best sexologist in Delhi at the first signs of the problem. Treatment at an early stage will most likely yield better results than delayed intervention.