What is a dental implant?
The dental implant is a metal piece, such as a screw inserted into the jaw bone or a mandible screw in the old tooth root to help replace one or more missing teeth. Implantation is done after the extraction site has healed or sometimes just after the extraction. The procedure for a dental implant in Delhi involves a small but not too complicated surgery. We can compare subtraction to “aggression”. After some time, another piece of metal called an abutment is added, and the doctor can replace a missing tooth or teeth with a crown, bridge, or prosthesis. Metal implants and abutments are made of high purity titanium.
Why do I have an implant? (Advantage of Dental Implant in Delhi)
The reason why we do a lot of implants today is because of its many advantages. Looking at the advantages one by one,
1) Improved appearance: Implants have the same look and feel as natural teeth. The implant is strongly adhered to the gum bone and can be used for a long time.
2) Improved pronunciation: If the denture is wrong, the denture can slip in the mouth, making the pronunciation sound inaccurate and muttering. Implants allow you to speak confidently without these problems.
3) Comfort: Implants are part of the body like natural teeth, so there is no discomfort to put them in and take them away like dentures. There is also no cumbersome glue to secure the dentures to the gums.
4) Comfortable meals: Dentures can slip, making it difficult to chew food. The implant works like a natural tooth so you can eat your favorite foods painlessly and confidently.
5) Improve your confidence: Implants make you smile more confidently and give you confidence.
6) Oral Health Improvement: In the case of bridges, other existing natural teeth should be removed, but the implant does not need to remove surrounding teeth. Implants also have access to the interdental space, making it easier to clean your mouth through brushing and flossing, which improves oral health.
7) Durability: Implants are very solid and well cared for, in many cases the implants can be used for a lifetime.
When can I opt for dental implant in Delhi?
Dental implant in Delhi is available to most people. However, in order to have implant surgery, your gums and gum bones must be healthy enough to support your implant. In particular, the following cases are often vulnerable to gums and gum bones, so you should consult with your dentist carefully.
2) People suffering from chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes
3) Those who have used steroids for a long time
4) People who have diseases that affect bones such as osteoporosis
5) Those who have had radiation to the head and neck (head and neck)
6) People who used osteoporosis drug
In particular, smokers, diabetics and poor oral hygiene are prone to “peri-implantitis,” which can cause long-term failures in implant treatment.
What is the process of a dental implant in Delhi and the duration of treatment?
Once the tooth is missing for any reason, whether bridged or implanted, it is necessary to fill the space where it was located, which is an artificial root that replaces the toothless spot.
One of the things that patients are most curious about during the implant procedure is the order and duration of treatment.
First Examination and Treatment Plan
It is the first step to decide whether you are a suitable candidate for a dental implant in Delhi. In this appointment, your general health and mouth-tooth history are evaluated. Study models are prepared, oral initial photographs are taken, chin films and tomography images are evaluated when needed.
Problems such as existing teeth in the mouth, toothless areas, jaw relations are examined, problems such as carious teeth or gum diseases are planned to be completed before implant treatment.
If there is a bone deficiency, it is decided whether to perform an additional procedure such as bone grafting or sinus floor elevation. According to the case, the number, location, and dimensions of the implants to be placed are determined. The number of teeth to be placed on the implants and what kind of teeth to make are decided.
In the presence of long edentulous areas or full toothless jaws, bridge teeth can be made with fewer implants than the number of teeth needed. In the upper areas of the upper jaw, which have poor bone quality compared to other regions, it is preferred to place an implant for each tooth for healthy and long-lasting treatment.
All data are evaluated and presented with the most suitable treatment plan alternatives. The final decision is yours in the treatment plan.
After all other treatments are completed, the date for implant surgery is determined. You will be informed about the drugs you should use before surgery.
Dental implant in Delhi is often performed under local anesthesia and, contrary to popular belief, with a gentle surgical technique. In our patients who are overly excited or unable to overcome their fear, surgical procedures are performed under sedation anesthesia, which creates conscious sleepiness. In this case, the patient does not have any discomfort and there are no negative memories about the procedure.
Implant surgeries and related procedures are performed by our doctor, Implant Specialist Sunalp Aligüllü.
Healing Period and Healing Screws
After the implant is placed, it is left to heal between 2 and 4 months, depending on the conditions, closed with the gum or open to the mouth.
When additional procedures such as grafting are performed, closed healing is planned to ensure the safe healing of the implant. However, after the recovery period is completed, a simpler surgical procedure is required to open the closed healing implant to the mouth and to insert the healing screw that will shape the gingiva. After the healing screw is placed, an additional 4 to 6 weeks is expected to complete the gingival healing. In appropriate cases, the gum on the implant is opened with a laser without bleeding and measurement can be taken immediately to make a tooth.
In cases where there is no risk, open recovery is preferred. The healing screw that shapes the gum and implant is placed at the same time, thus allowing the completion of treatment without the need for a second surgery.
When the implant is placed in the classical application, the teeth are not made on the implants before the healing process is completed. In this case, natural teeth or mini implants are used in the mouth to make temporary teeth. Temporary teeth ensure the chewing function and social life.
Measurement and Technician stage
After completion of healing, it is time to measure for new tooth making. For this, healing screws are removed and metering screws are attached instead. In this way, implants are measured and sent to the dental laboratory for the construction of the teeth. After the measurement is completed, the healing screws are replaced. In the Dental Lab, new personalized teeth are made on implants.
Permanent Abutment Closure
Permanent abutments are additional particles that are shaped like a shrunken tooth, to carry permanent teeth. Permanent abutments are attached to the implants before permanent teeth are placed.
Placement of New Implant Teeth
Individual permanent teeth are placed on permanent abutments with everything.
Follow-up Appointments and X-Ray
These control films are taken after the teeth are placed and at certain time intervals. Follow-up appointments are given to the patient for general control of the implant teeth and mouth.
What is implant life?
Implants are extremely durable and last a long time. In good care, implants can last a lifetime. To put it a little longer, many dentist in Delhi believe that the life of an implant is 25 years when conservatively considered. The reason why the implant can be used for a lifetime is because the clinical research related to the implant is not very long.
Implants are now 50 years ago. In 1965, the Swedish scientist Per-Ingvar Brånemark implanted the first implant into a patient named Gösta Larsson, who remained until Larsson died at the age of 75 in 2006. The implant has been used for over 40 years.
How do I care for my teeth after dental implant in Delhi?
1) It is important to use the interdental brush and floss in addition to brushing three times a day to prevent plaque around the implant.
2) When you brush your teeth for more than 1-2 days, bleeding, swelling of the gums, or turning from pink to dark red, there is a possibility of peri-implant disease.
3) Even if you don’t feel any abnormalities, you should have dental checkups every 3-6 months and remove plaque-tartar by scaling.
4) no smoking! Don’t smoke at least the length of your implant placement (lower teeth 3 months / upper teeth 6 months).
5) Behaviors such as brittle teeth, biting teeth, pushing teeth out of the tongue, and stiff eating are important factors that cause the implant to swing. In particular, if you grind your teeth around the jaw, chewing food 5-6 times the force may cause implant damage or loss of gum bone. In this case, additional treatment is required, such as using a device such as splint. Talk to your dentist in Delhi.
Which dentists are good at Implant?
So how do you find a dentist who is good at implants? There are over 10,000 dentists in Delhi NCR and you will be wondering which one to go to. What about the reviews of members who have actually been to a dentist and looking for a dental implant in Delhi?
Dr. Akash Sachdeva
BDS, MDS, Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. Akash Sachdeva is a Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and Dental Implantologist. He has built a reputation for excellent standards in dental care making him one of the best dentist in Delhi.
- Consultant maxillofacial surgeon & implantologist in New Delhi, with a clinical experience of more than 12 years
- His practice is dedicated in the field of maxillofacial surgery
- He is a consultant to various hospitals in Delhi
- Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon at M R Dental Centre, Delhi
- Maxillofacial Surgeon at Bhagat Chandra Hospital, Delhi
- Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon at Delhi Dental Hub, Delhi