Dal Fry with a combination of three dals, moong, chana and toor. An exciting recipe, full of flavours, super easy and comforting, so why order? Make it jhat-pat at home!
Terms & Conditions for Contest –
¾ cup Tata Sampann Toor Dal
½ cup split skinless Bengal gram (dhuli chana dal), washed
½ cup split skinless green gram (dhuli moong dal), washed
Salt to taste
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 small onions
1½ tbsps oil
1 tbsp ghee
1½ tsps cumin seeds
½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
2-3 dried red chillies
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
½ tbsp finely chopped ginger
8-10 curry leaves
2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
½ tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp cumin powder
1 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
½ tsp chaat masala
½ tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) powder
2 tbsps butter
Fresh coriander sprig for garnish
Jeera rice to serve
Salad to serve
Papad to serve
1. Wash Tata Sampann Toor Dal with sufficient water and drain.
2. Heat a pressure cooker, add split skinless Bengal gram, split skinless green gram and washed Tata Sampann Toor Dal. Add salt, ½ tsp turmeric powder and 1¾ cups water and cook under pressure till 4-5 whistles are released.
3. Meanwhile, finely chop onions and chop green chillies and set them aside.
4. Allow the pressure from the pressure cooker to reduce completely.
5. For the tadka, heat oil and ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds and let the colour change.
6. Add asafoetida, dried red chillies, garlic, ginger, curry leaves and chopped green chillies and sauté on high heat for 1 minute.
7. Add chopped onions and saute till golden brown.
8. Open the lid of the pressure cooker and mash the cooked gram mixture.
9. Add tomatoes and sauté on high heat for 1-2 minutes.
10. Add red chilli powder, remaining turmeric powder, cumin powder, salt and mix well. Cook till the mixture is pulpy.
11. Add ¾ cup water in the gram mixture and mix well.
12. Add dried mango powder, chaat masala and mix well. Add dried fenugreek leaves powder and mix.
13. Transfer the gram mixture into the pan and mix till well combined. Add ½ cup water and mix. Cook for 2-3 minutes or till the mixture comes to a boil.
14. Add butter in the pan and mix well. Take the pan off the heat.
15. Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with coriander sprig. Serve hot with jeera rice, salad and papad.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :