A dry preparation of chicken made in the Coorgi style
COORG STYLE DRY CHICKEN
750 gms chicken, cut into 8 pieces on the bone
Salt to taste
¼ tsp turmeric powder
3 green cardamoms
3 one-inch cinnamon sticks
1 tbsp black peppercorns
1 tsp mustard seeds
4 dried red chillies
3 tbsps oil
½ cup chopped onions
½ cup chopped tomatoes
6 tsps kodumpulli water
1. Put chicken pieces in a bowl, add salt and turmeric powder and mix.
2. Dry roast green cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, black peppercorns, mustard seeds and dried red chillies in a small non-stick pan.
3. Heat 3 tbsps oil in another non-stick pan, add onions and saute.
4. When the spices become fragrant, take the pan off the heat and cool. When cooled grind them to a powder.
5. Saute onions till golden. Add chicken and mix and saute for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add ½ cup tomatoes and mix. Add ½ cup water and ground spices and mix well.
7. Adjust salt and mix, cover and cook on medium heat till chicken is almost done.
8. Add kodumpulli water and mix. Cover and cook till chicken is fully cooked.
9. Serve hot.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :