Written recipe for Bun less mean bean burger
Prep time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 25 mins
For making tikkis
• Rajma (kidney beans) 1 cup (raw)
• Water as required
• Salt to taste
• Poha 1 cup (soaked)
• Onions 1 medium size (chopped)
• Red chilli powder 1 tsp
• Aamchur powder 1 tsp
• Coriander powder 1 tsp
• Green chillies 1-2 nos.
• Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
• Jeera powder 1 tsp
• Salt to taste
• Fresh coriander 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Lemon juice 1 tsp
• Oil for shallow frying
• Soak the rajma for at least 5-6 hours or overnight. Wash it thoroughly and drain excess water.
• Set a cooker on medium heat, add the soaked rajma and water, fill the water 2 inches above the rajma surface, add salt to taste and pressure cook on medium flame for 3 whistles, switch off the flame and let the cooker depressurize naturally to open the lid.
• Stain the cooked rajma and transfer it to a mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients in order, mash and combine well. You can skip adding onions if you wish to make the tikkis and store them in refrigerator.
• Grease your palm with oil and take a spoonful of mixture and shape them into tikkis.
• Set a pan on medium heat, add oil and shallow fry the tikkis on both the sides until crisp and golden brown.
For mint and curd dip
• Hung curd 1 cup
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Fresh mint leaves 3 tbsp (chopped)
• Mix the hung curd with mint leaves and add salt & pepper as per taste.
• Romaine lettuce as required
• Tikkis as required
• Mint and curd dip
• Tomato slices as required
• Onion slices as required
• Place the romaine lettuce and spread mint and curd dip, place the tikki, few slices of tomatoes, onions, spread the mint and curd dip once again and finally top it another leaf of romaine lettuce.
• Your unique Bun less mean bean burger is ready to be served, consume it immediately.
Join us on:
Follow Chef Sanjyot Keer Here: