full recipe for Anda paratha
Prep time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
• Eggs 3 nos.
• Salt to taste
• Black pepper powder a pinch
• Red chilli powder 1 tsp
• Coriander powder 1 tsp
• Turmeric powder 1/4th tsp
• Garam masala ½ tsp
• Onion 1 medium size (chopped)
• Green chillies 1 nos. (chopped)
• Fresh coriander 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Wheat flour 1 cup
• Salt to taste
• Water as required
• Break eggs in a bowl and whisk well, add salt & pepper, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, onions, green chillies and fresh coriander, whisk well and keep aside.
• In a mixing bowl add wheat flour and mix salt, add water slowly and gradually as required to knead a soft dough, cover it with a damp cloth and rest it for 15 minutes.
• Divide into equal dough balls and flatten it hands coat it with dry flours and roll into thin chapati.
• Set a tawa on low heat and cook the chapati on both the sides until spots appear, now add the beaten eggs mixture and make sure the eggs don’t spill out, prefer a roti tawa as its deep in the centre.
• Carefully fold the 1/3rd part of chapati from side and do the same on the remining three side to make an envelope (please refer the video for a clear picture).
• Continue to cook on low heat while gently pressing, drizzle some oil and flip and cook on other side as well, flip carefully.
• Flip again and cook until the paratha puffs up. Your anda paratha is ready to be served, cut into quarters and serve hot with tomato ketchup, mint chutney or any dip of your choice.
Join us on:
Follow Chef Sanjyot Keer Here: