Written recipe for Aloo tikki burger
Prep time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 20 mins
For ketchup mayonnaise
• Mayonnaise ½ cup
• Ketchup 3 tbsp
• In a bowl add mayonnaise and ketchup and mix well.
For aloo tikki
• Butter 1 tbsp
• Green peas 1/4th cup
• Powdered spices:
1. Turmeric powder 1/4th tsp
2. Coriander powder 1 tsp
3. Black pepper powder 1/4th tsp
4. Red chilli powder 1 tsp
5. Jeera powder 1 tsp
6. Garam masala 1 tsp
7. Aamchur powder 1 tsp
• Potatoes 4-5 medium size (boiled & mashed)
• Soaked poha 1/3rd cup
• Salt to taste
• Refined flour ½ cup
• Corn starch ½ cup
• Baking powder 1 tsp
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Water as required
• Cornstarch to coat
• Bread crumbs to coat
• Oil for deep frying
• Set a pan on medium heat, add butter, green peas and sauté it for 1-2 minutes.
• Add powdered spices and mix well, cook for a minute, add boiled & mashed potatoes, soaked poha and salt to taste, mix and combine well. Further mash it with a masher, cook for 2-3 minutes.
• Take it off from the heat and cool down the mixture to the room temperature.
• Apply oil on your palms and shape it in big cylinder, wrap the mixture in a foil paper tightly and set it in the freezer for 30-45 minutes.
• Take it out from the freezer and slice into 1 cm thick disc. And keep aside for coating.
• Take a mixing bowl and add refined flour, cornstarch, baking powder and Salt & pepper to taste, mix well and add water to make a semi thick batter
• To coat the aloo tikki, first coat it with dry cornstarch and pat & shake to remove excess flour, then dip it in the batter and coat it well, further coat it with dry bread crumbs, pat & shake to remove extra crumbs. Follow the same step to coat each aloo tiki.
*Tip: make these tikkis and store them in freezer for up to 15 days. Don’t forget to thaw before frying.
• Set a pan filled with oil on medium high heat and fry the tikkis until they are crisp and golden brown. You can also choose to air fry them or bake them at 200°C for 7- 8 minutes on both the sides.
• Toasted Burger buns as required
• Ketchup mayonnaise as required
• Aloo tikkis as required
• Tomato slices as required
• Onion slices as required
• Spread ketchup mayonnaise over the top burger bun, place the aloo tikki over the bottom burger bun, place some tomato and onion slices and close it with the top burger bun. Your aloo tikki is ready to be served, make as many you want and serve hot.