A beautiful milk and sprouted wheat flour which is delicately sweetened and topped with nuts.
1 litre full-fat buffalo milk
2½ tbsps sprouted wheat flour (ankurit gehu ka atta)
A large pinch of powdered alum (phitkari)
¾ cup sugar
2 tbsps chopped almonds + for sprinkling
2 tbsps chopped cashew nuts + for sprinkling
10-12 pistachios, blanched, peeled and slivered + for sprinkling
1 tbsp glucose syrup
Silver varq for garnish
1. Bring milk to a boil in a non-stick pan, stirring in between.
2. Add the sprouted wheat flour, mix and continue to stir for 5 minutes. Add alum, mix and cook till most of the moisture evaporates and a solid mass remains, stirring continuously.
3. Add sugar, mix and continuous stir till the sugar melts and the mixture turns golden brown.
4. Add almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios and glucose syrup and mix well. Continuously stir for 1 minute.
5. Transfer the mixture into a greased burfi tray and spread it evenly. Flatten the top, sprinkle almonds, cashew nuts and pistachios. Gently press and keep aside till the burfi is ¾ set.
6. Cut the burfi into squares and apply silver varq on top. Set the burfi aside to set completely.
7. De-mould and arrange on a serving plate. Serve.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :