This garlicky deep fried potato balls are an explosion of the intense flavours and spices.
8-10 garlic cloves
3 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
2 light green chillies
1 tbsp oil+ for deep frying
8-10 curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
1½ tsps vada pav chutney
Salt to taste
1½ cups Tata Sampann Fine Besan
¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
Salt to taste
¼ tsp turmeric powder
A pinch of red chilli powder
A pinch of baking soda
Vada pav chutney
1. Coarsely pound garlic and green chillies in a mortar and pestle.
2. To make the stuffing, heat oil in a non-stick pan.
3. Meanwhile, finely chop curry leaves.
4. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add asafoetida and chopped curry leaves.
5. Add the pounded mixture and sauté for 1 minute. Add potatoes, vada pav chutney and salt and mix well.
6. Transfer the mixture in a large bowl and allow it to cool to room temperature.
7. To make the batter, take Tata Sampann Fine Besan in a large bowl, add asafoetida, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, baking soda and ½ cup water and whisk to form a smooth batter.
8. Hat sufficient oil in a kadai.
9. Divide the potato mixture into equal small portions and shape each portion into a ball.
10. Dip each potato ball in the batter and slide in a few at a time into the hot oil. Deep fry till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
11. Arrange the lasooniya vada in a serving plate and serve hot with green chutney and vada pav chutney.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :