A village style rustic chicken dish that tastes phenomenal and the best part is, it is very easy to make!
750 grams chicken, cut into 2 inch pieces
2 tbsps mustard oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
4-5 black peppercorns
3-4 green cardamoms
½ inch cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
2-3 green chillies, slit
6-8 garlic cloves
2 large onions, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
Salt to taste
2 tsps red chilli powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
2 tsps coriander powder
1 tsp dry mango powder (amchur)
½ cup yogurt
1 tbsp chicken masala
1 tbsp lemon juice
Fresh coriander sprig for garnish
Parantha to serve
Onion rings to serve
Lemon wedges to serve
1. Heat mustard oil in a kadai, add cumin seeds, black peppercorns, green cardamoms, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, green chillies and garlic cloves and sauté for 1 minute.
2. Add onions and mix and sauté till golden brown. Add tomato and salt and mix well.
3. Reduce the heat and cook for 3-4 minutes or till the tomato turns soft and pulpy.
4. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and dry mango powder and sauté for a minute. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or till the oil separates.
5. Add ¼ cup water, mix and cook for 1 minute. Add yogurt and stir well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add chicken, adjust salt and chicken masala and mix, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.
7. Switch the heat off, add lemon juice and take the kadai off the heat. Transfer the gravy into a serving bowl.
8. Garnish with coriander sprig and serve hot with parantha, onion rings and lemon wedges.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :