Move over the paneer and ghia kofte and try this superb aloo kofte with a fabulous gravy. Share your reviews with us in the comments.
ALOO KOFTA CURRY
3 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and grated
½ cup grated cottage cheese
½ cup grated processed cheese
Salt to taste
½ tsp coriander powder
½ tsp chaat masala + sprinkle
¼ tsp green cardamom powder
4 tbsps chopped fresh coriander
2-3 tbsps cornflour
2 tbsps + 2 tsps oil + to deep fry
½ inch cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
½ tsp cumin seeds
3 medium onions, roughly chopped
10-12 cashew nuts
2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
2 green chillies, roughly chopped
½ inch ginger, roughly chopped
5-6 garlic cloves
½ tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp coriander powder
A pinch of turmeric powder
A pinch of dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) powder
½ tsp Tata Sampann Garam Masala
2 tsps fresh cream
Coriander sprig for garnish
1. Mix potatoes, cottage cheese, processed cheese, salt, coriander powder, chaat masala, half the green cardamom powder and half the coriander in a bowl.
2. Add cornflour and mix well.
3. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Grease palms with little oil and divide the mixture into 12 equal portions. Roll the prepared koftas in cornflour and deep fry on medium heat till golden brown and crisp.
4. Drain on an absorbent paper and set aside.
5. For the gravy, heat 2 tbsps oil in a deep nonstick pan. Add cinnamon, bay leaf and cumin seeds and sauté till fragrant.
6. Add onions and sauté till translucent. Add cashewnuts, tomatoes, green chillies, salt and mix well.
7. Add ginger, garlic and sauté for a minute. Add1 cup water and mix well. Cover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
8. Transfer in a bowl and allow to cool. Discard the bay leaf, transfer in a blender jar, add ½ cup water and blend to coarse paste.
9. Heat 2 tsps oil in the same pan. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
10. Add the ground paste, ½ cup water and mix well. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
11. Add ½ cup water, remaining coriander, kasuri methi powder and remaining green cardamom powder, Tata Sampann Garam Masala and mix well. Cover and cook for 2 minutes more.
12. Add fresh cream and mix well.
13. Transfer the gravy in serving bowl, place the prepared koftas on top.
14. Drizzle some fresh cream and serve hot garnished with coriander sprig.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :